Join Our Team of Professionals.
We are seeking a
VP, COMMERCIAL LOAN OFFICER
Centrix Bank is looking for an individual to join our Commericial Lending team. This individual would be responsible for managing and developing a portfolio generally consisting of larger and more complex commercial loan relationships for attainment of the Bank's loan, deposit, and fee income goals. This person will manage, in accordance with loan policy and procedures, existing business relationships within the community with a focus on maintaining maximum profitability with minimum risk. Also responsible for preparing and finalizing underwriting in accordance with loan policies and procedures.
- Manage and monitor a portfolio of business loans, generally for larger, more complex credits and businesses and requiring a higher level of experience, training and overall knowledge of commercial lending, to include calling on existing and potential new customers, presenting existing and new products and services and generating new deposit and fee income opportunities.
- Underwrite, structure and present loan requests to include interviewing loan applicants, collecting and analyzing necessary financial data and determining viability of loan request in accordance with loan policies and procedures. Make informed and appropriate recommendations regarding lending matters of a more complex nature and which could have a more material impact on the Bank. .
- Manage the portfolio by performing timely follow-up on delinquent accounts, document deficiencies and policy exceptions in order to keep them at acceptable minimums. Address renewals and extension in a timely manner.
- Maintain and expand a referral network of banking related professionals and Centers of Influence and serve as a sales partner with other lenders.
- Ensure that appropriate compliance training is completed and work is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies that include but are not limited to Fair Lending, Bank Secrecy Act and other applicable anti-money-laundering policies.
- Participate in community activities to promote the bank’s visibility in the market area.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. 7+ years previous commercial lending experience. Thorough knowledge of Commercial Lending concepts.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply learned business skills in the areas of finance, credit analysis and business development.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be a self starter with willingness to take delegation and work within a team atmosphere.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively present material to customers, prospects, fellow employees and management.
- Demonstrate strong ethical standards and integrity as a representative of a professional organization.
- Ability to apply visual, comprehension, effective listening, problem solving, prioritizing, organizational, and customer/employee relation skills in the performance of all essential job functions.
- Ability to travel frequently to prospective and existing customer business locations, community functions, etc.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as computer, phone, fax, copier, calculator, etc., with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and follow verbal and written instructions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
|| TOP ||