Join Our Team of Professionals.
We are seeking a
VP, FINANCE MANAGER
The VP, Finance Manager is responsible for performing financial analysis and accounting-related tasks, maintaining accurate accounting records and providing regulatory and management reports. This individual will work with the Controller in the preparation, reporting, maintenance and tracking of the Bank’s operating budget. He/she will also supervise and direct the work of the Financial Analyst.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Financial and regulatory reporting to include:
- Reviewing the balance sheet and income statement daily for unusual activity.
- Preparing month end accrual entries.
- Preparing all monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Board of Directors and shareholders.
- Preparing and submitting all FDIC, FRB, FHLB, U.S. Treasury and State-required reports.
- Reviewing of ALLL calculation and quarterly methodology.
- Preparation, reporting, maintenance and tracking of the Bank's operating budget.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly Bankruptcy report.
- Participating as a member of the Special Assets Committee.
Tax reporting to include:
- Preparing monthly tax accruals.
- Payment of all tax obligations as required.
- Coordinating with tax professionals to provide necessary information for quarterly payments and annual tax returns.
Daily oversight of the Finance Department to include:
- Ensuring adequate staffing with trained personnel.
- Guiding and advising subordinates in the more complex phases of their work.
- Making decisions regarding employment, employee performance, promotions, salary recommendations, transfers and terminations.
- Ensuring adequate cross-training amongst staff and other departments for sick and vacation coverage.
- Ensure that appropriate compliance training is completed and own work, as well as work of any employees supervised, is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines as detailed in policies that include, but are not limited to, Fair Lending, Bank Secrecy Act and other applicable anti-money laundering policies.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Accounting Operations to include:
- Balancing various general ledger and internally used bank accounts, including equity and tax accounts.
- Monitoring of day-to-day department functions, including cash position, balancing issues and other related department concerns.
Assist Controller in:
- Annual Shareholders' Meeting, including tabulation of proxy voting.
- Management of assigned Board and Management Policies.
- Coordination of annual external audit, internal audits and regulatory exams as related to job duties.
- Monitoring and implementing of changes to regulatory and accounting guidelines.
- Backup for the Accounting & Payroll Manager and Financial Analyst.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelors degree in accounting/finance.
- Minimum of 5 years previous bank financial reporting experience with regulatory reporting knowledge or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Incumbent must possess the following skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to apply learned business skills, such as financial analysis and accounting principles, as well as strong PC literacy skills and extensive computer software knowledge with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications and word processing.
- Ability to apply visual, comprehension, strong interpersonal, effective listening, problem solving, planning, prioritizing, organizational and customer / employee relations skills in the performance of all essential job functions, pay close attention to detail, follow verbal and written instructions and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with or without the use of interpretive devices.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as a computer, phone, fax, copier, calculator, etc., with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with light level of noise.
- Minimal exposure to injury or other hazards.
- Ability to lift and carry a maximum of 30 pounds, sit or stand for long periods of time, as well as walk, bend, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull and use repetitive motion of the wrist, elbow and shoulder.
- Some travel required to other branches, meetings, seminars, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
|| TOP ||