Join Our Team of Professionals.
We are seeking an
ASSISTANT BRANCH OPERATIONS OFFICER
Management of branch office that supports a proactive internal sales culture; meets sales and service goals; mentors and coaches staff; complies with established bank policies and procedures; provides consistent and excellent customer service; and ensures qualified staffing.
- Promptly greeting customers and directing them to the appropriate individual or department in a professional and courteous manner.
- Responsible for daily review of branch reports to include: overdrafts, new accounts, closed accounts, etc.
- Assist with the daily operational oversight of the branch to ensure:
- Open and close of office; adherence to dual control requirements and security procedures.
- Adequately schedule staff with appropriately trained personnel.
- Consistent implementation of operations and procedures as written in manuals.
- Branch and teller cash limits remain within established guidelines.
- Quality of work produced in the branch meets guidelines and expectations.
- Assist with the management and overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of branch employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Assist in monthly monitoring of the branch for items, such as monthly reporting, compliance, security alarm system testing, auditing, overdrafts, collections, and internal controls.
- Provide support to lenders and business development officers in closing and expanding customer relationships as part of the attainment of individual and branch sales and service goals.
- Assist Branch Operations Officer in support and guidance to branch Retail employees in order to carry out all branch duties and responsibilities to include assisting in staff development training, cross-training, coaching, mentoring, and creating an environment that fosters both teamwork and superior service.
- Assist with branch physical security that includes dual control, audits, compliance with regulatory policies and procedures, and appropriately uses signing authority and overrides.
- Assist the Branch Operations Officer to ensure all branch employees understand the bank's objectives, as well as their individual departmental objectives and that they work together to achieve the stated objectives.
- Serve as a resource for branch personnel concerning bank products and services, policies and procedures, Retail system questions, and customer issues.
- Ensure the branch operates within the guidelines of the compliance policy and the appropriate procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate compliance training is completed and own work, as well as work of any employees supervised is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines as detailed in policies that include, but are not limited to, Fair Lending, Bank Secrecy Act, and other applicable anti-money-laundering policies.
- Be completely cross-trained in all Retail functions.
- Assist the Branch Operations Officer with all compliance training and monitor all branch staff to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines as detailed in policies that include, but are not limited to, Fair Lending, Bank Secrecy Act, and other applicable anti-money-laundering policies.
- Cover for Branch Operations Officer in his/her absence as required.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
Associates Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 2-5 years of banking experience.
- Thorough knowledge of retail operations, products, and services.
- Thorough knowledge of bank products and services and regulatory compliance as it relates to area of responsibility.
- Ability to delegate work assignments, give authority to work independently, set expectations, and monitor delegated activities.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner with ability to gather, assess, and analyze a situation for proactive resolution.
- Provide leadership to team members by inspiring and motivating each employee to perform well and succeed in their role.
- Ability to manage people through staff planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates skills and encourages growth.
- Must show willingness to make decisions while exhibiting sound and accurate judgment for timely resolution.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities using time efficiently and developing realistic action plans.
- Ability to apply strong interpersonal, effective listening, problem solving, organizational, and customer/employee relations skills in the performance of all essential job functions.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of consumer loan products and the bank's lending policy, as well as compliance relating to loan interviewing and consumer applications.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as computer, typewriter, phone, fax, copier, calculator, filing systems etc. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with or without the use of interpretive devices.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to be in continual motion for long periods of time by standing, sitting, walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, pushing and pulling, as well as using repetitive motion of the wrist, elbow, and shoulder.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel to meetings, community functions, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
|| TOP ||